- ALL PLAYERS MUST SIGN A RINK WAIVER TO PLAY TO BE TURNED IN BEFORE THE FIRST GAME.
- The Tahoe Hockey Classic Tournament begins early afternoon on Friday and ends early Sunday afternoon.
- There will be two (2) divisions, with four (4), six (6) or eight (8) teams per division (format rules below).
- 50% deposit is required to register for the tournament.
- Complete registration and balance are due on or before July 31st.
- Each player must be 21 years of age or older to register and play.
- Upon arrival each player must register and submit a photo identification card or a copy of their driver’s license. Any player without a proper ID or using an ineligible player will forfeit all games.
- Players may only play on one team during the tournament unless permission is granted. Consideration may be given to goalies in case of an emergency.
- Individual players wanting to be picked up by teams must register before July 15th. Individual registration cost is $130 per player.
- All games will consist of 3 periods. Each game will run for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Run time will be implemented when necessary.
- Penalties and criteria for determining a suspension will be reviewed after each game. Notification will be provided to the team captain prior to the next game if a suspension is warranted. Even if there's no penalties assessed during the game, an individual can and will be removed from playing for poor sportsmanship.
- All rules not written here are subject to those of the Tahoe Sports and Entertainment.
Four (4) Team Format
- The four (4) team tournament format will be a simple round robin. The top two (2) teams after the three (3) game round robin will move on to play in the championship.
- In any case of a tie for points, goals for, goals against and penalty minutes will be considered in that order to break the tie.
Six (6) Team Format
- The six (6) team tournament format will be as follows:
1. Each team plays two (2) games.
2. After the two (2) games, all six (6) teams are seeded from 1 to 6 based on points, goals for, goals against, and penalty minutes (in that order of priority).
3. The top four (4) seeded teams play in the semi-finals. The bottom two (2) seeded teams play each other in their third (3rd) and final game of the tournament.
4. The two (2) winning teams from the semi-final matches play in the Championship.
Eight (8) Team Format
- The eight (8) team tournament format will be as follows:
1. Each team in their assigned division is grouped into a four (4) team bracket.
- 2. Each team plays three (3) games in their assigned bracket (e.g., Division B Bracket 1)
3. The top two (2) teams from each Bracket after the three (3) game round robin will move on to play in the championship.